Terms & Conditions
1. Formation of Contract
- These are Terms and Conditions of our Services proposed by Celene Collins Interiors. CCID. These form part of the services as set out in your attached Fee Proposal and are to begin upon the agreed date for the duration of an agreed period at an agreed fee based on the requirements needed.
- CCID terms as stated here will remain unaﬀected by the Name of your Package, Commencement, Duration or Contract agreed with you and your principle contractor.
- All Terms outlined applicable to your chosen service with Celene Collins Interiors and you (the “Client”) will apply with acceptance of these T&C’s in writing or by and 1st Instalment paid in full.
- Payment deposit or an instalment without signed T&C’s or a conﬁrmation email that you accept these T&C’s, is also deemed a full acceptance of all that is applicable here & that you fully understood the T&C’s before payment.
- To ensure that you fully understand, please read these terms and conditions carefully outlined below.
- These T&C’s are applicable across all our services regardless of your type of service /package.
2. CCID – Design & Scope of Work:
- CCID, have been retained to provide a service tailored for your needs & requirements & budget.
- There will have been options discussed with you to include or exclude some additional services that we oﬀer and it is important that you are 100% happy with the tailored package oﬀered to you, what it includes and doesn’t include and that it ﬁts your needs. However, we are happy to price & include any additional categories as the project evolves.
- CCID Interior Design Services T&C’s form part of any one oﬀ, e-design or tailored ﬂat fee services and must be read in conjunction with your individual fee proposal which is attached.
- These following exclusions apply unless otherwise stated that they are included in your Estimate – Vat, Project Management, 3D Renderings Images or Videos, CAD drawings, Computer Generated Floor Plans, Shopping Lists with more than 3 revisions.
- CCID, are not general contractors, and will not act in such capacity. Any issues or instructions concerning construction elements must be discussed, instructed between owner and his/her Principle Contractor, Engineers or Architect.
- The Scope as outlined and agreed to before the project begins if changed, will be subject to additional costs in addition to those in your Fee Proposal, (costs will be notiﬁed in advance to client before proceeding).
- CCID, will endeavour to advise the client of the predicted timescale of works (Phase 2 if applicable) All such dates shall be approximates only and Celene Collins Interiors & Design cannot be held responsible for delays that are outside their control.
- CCID role (If Phase 2 is applicable to your Service) is to co-ordinate Third Party companies, ﬁrms or individuals (“Third Party Suppliers”) to undertake certain work for the Client, such as decorating, building work, carpet ﬁtting, curtain and blind manufacture and ﬁtting and such other work as conﬁrmed by CCID and as agreed to in the Scope of Works that form part of your Estimate.
- Especially when using our E-Design Services, please note the following important information.
CCID have strict working hours & are Mon – Friday 9 – 5pm (closed for lunch 1-2pm) with the exception of Bank Holidays. Most appropriate contact method is via email or phone to speak directly to Designer, please don’t leave Voice Mails, What’s App or Text messaging services as these are not deemed appropriate in relation to Design matters.
3. E Design Services
- Please provide as much detailed and speciﬁc information and photos as you can so that our design can match your requirements to avoid disappointment. Sometimes we may have to clarify information with you. Please respond as quickly as possible to any clariﬁcation requests as failure to do so can result in your design taking longer.
- Our Questionnaire must be completed as it gives us a very good idea of your likes, dislikes and requirements which we need to fulﬁl your requests.
- However, because interior design is such a personal & subjective service, it may arise that you do not like a particular element of your design. To ensure that we understand your style, it’s important that you answer the Questionnaire truthfully and with as much detail as possible. When this happens, we are happy to revise the concept, but we cannot completely re-work a design or refund payment or part thereof. Open plan spaces are considered to be multiple rooms for the purpose of our Interior Design Virtual/Online Services e.g. the design of an open plan kitchen, dining and living room will be charged on the basis of 3 rooms and will require a separate questionnaire for each if desired.
- The price and availability of all products etc. will be accurate at the time of completion of your design. We cannot however guarantee the price or availability of any item over any period of time. We recommend that you order your items as soon as possible once your design is received to avoid disappointment. We can only recommend an alternative item in this instance. We will also oﬀer Trade only items that are purchased through ourselves.
- Prices for products and furniture do not include delivery or assembly unless otherwise stated. We do not procure or arrange delivery of items nor do we accept any responsibility for the condition or quality of any goods or furniture.
- We do not include for the cost of labour in our schemes, e.g. painting, wall-papering, laying of ﬁllers, ﬁtting of lights, fabrication of curtains etc.… We also do not include for materials or tools required to carry out such tasks, e.g. wallpaper paste, wall ﬁller, tools etc. in the Design Boards.
- We are happy to provide you with a list of tried and trusted trades that can carry out any work for you should you decide to over-see the makeover yourself. We cannot guarantee the exact colour of a product or ﬁnish due to quality of brochures, colour diﬀerences in web browsers etc. For wallpapers, furniture etc., we recommend that you view the recommended product in-store or request a sample of your product or ﬁnish before you purchase it, if you have any concerns. We will also suggest furnishings from our TRADE Partners which is we have spent years building up relationships with, these are paid directly to CCID.
- We always recommend that you test a sample of all paint colours before use as they can vary considerably depending on underlying colour, light etc.
4. Client Obligation
- The Client shall ensure that the property is accessible to Trades that form part of the project under the project management role of CCID, and any third party suppliers providing services throughout the duration of the works.
- The client will ensure that utilities such as electricity and water are available for use at the property throughout works and at no cost to CCID.
- No instructions or changes to the Design/Scope are to be discussed or added with the Trades on site. All instructions are to go through CCID to ensure program eﬃciency.
The client is to ensure that they are satisﬁed with all design matters that will be signed oﬀ by one party to CCID.
5. Purchasing of Products
- As part of the scope CCID may be required to purchase products for the Client from TRADE ONLY accounts in addition to the scope of work already proposed. In such cases, full payment of the agreed purchase price is required from the Client prior to ordering/ purchasing the agreed products. Credit Card charges may apply for certain credit card payments to cover.
- As selection of goods bought through TRADE accounts with Designer cannot be physically seen or touched before selected, they are hand selected & chosen for the client because the Designer is familiar with the size and quality of the item and it is deemed to be suitable for your style & budget. Once delivered, and unless the goods are damaged there is no return or refund, if you don’t like it or have a change of mind. If the goods are damaged the Designer must be notiﬁed immediately and delivered / returned to our oﬃce without delay.
- As part of our role we will help the client to source suitable furniture in line with the agreed style and budget etc.… These items that are ordered and paid for directly by the client will remain the responsibility of the client CCID are not responsible for any errors or omissions in the ordering process / delivery, problems arising over delays, breakages etc.
- Any delays or issues around CCID being available for these items bought directly – outside a pre-agreed (me for the delivery of the furniture are not included as part of the Estimate.
- Only those items bought solely through CCID under their TRADE relationships / accounts will be the full responsibility of CCID.
6. Contractual Relationship
- The Client contractual relationship is with Third Party Suppliers, and will be responsible for managing these relationships and any ﬁnancial settlements direct with Third Party Suppliers.
- If so requested, CCID, may coordinate the services and ﬁnancial settlements with the Third Party Suppliers on their behalf, as part of the service undertaken, but the Client will remain ultimately responsible for the contractual relationship with the Third Party Supplier.
- CCID, is not responsible for forming any new contractual relationship on behalf of the client entered into the Design or Scope after the beginning of the project.
7. Payment and Billing Terms
- The charges for the services are set out in your Proposal
accompanying these terms and conditions or as amended or updated by CCID and communicated to the Client. If the Scope of Works is amended this may immediately impact the (me-line or works and will result in an adjustment to the fee in the proposal with immediate eﬀect.
- If paying by Cheque these should be made payable to Celene Collins Interiors & Design or payment can be made on line by bank transfer or Payment can also be made by personal debit or credit card
subject to additional transaction charges.
- Bank Details are outlined on the Invoice. When making a payment on line the details should be accompanied by the INVOICE NUMBER. Not quoting the invoice number may result in an invoice reminder being generated incorrectly & or delay to the ordering of any material, or furniture pieces.
- All payments to CCID, are due immediately upon presentation of invoice, except where otherwise agreed.
- Should Celene Collins Interiors have to instruct a debt recovery agency, or instigate legal proceedings, the Client will be liable for any costs incurred.
8. Cancellation and Termination Policy
- The Client has the right to cancel this contract (the “Contract”) at
any time up to the end of seven working days after the day on which the Contract is issued.
- To exercise the right of cancellation the Client must give written notice to CCID, via email to [email protected]
- Once the client has notiﬁed CCID that the Client is cancelling the Contract CCID, with their reasons, CCID will reserve the right to discuss those actions via email with the client before agreeing to any warranted refund.
- A delay by either party in acting on a breach of this contract will not be regarded as a waiver of the breach. If either party waives a breach of the Contract by the other, the waiver is limited to the particular breach.
- Termination of contract will not aﬀect either party’s outstanding rights or duties, including Celene Collins Interiors right to recover any money owing to it under these terms and conditions.
- Celene Collins Interiors shall have no Liability to the Client for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from any information or instruction supplied by the client which is or are incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate.
- Celene Collins Interiors shall not be liable to the Client for any unforeseeable loss or damage arising from the provision (or non-provision) of the Services, including loss of proﬁt or consequential loss or damage.
- Neither Celene Collins Interiors, nor the client shall be liable for any failure to perform its duties under this Contract due to circumstances beyond its control, including without limitation ﬂood, ﬁre or Covid-19 related closures or otherwise adverse weather conditions.
- To enable Celene Collins Interiors to deal with any complaints that may arise relating to the Services, the Client must provide full details of any complaints within 7 days of the supply of the relevant services.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions aﬀects any liability for death or personal injury caused by Celene Collins Interiors negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, or the Client’s statutory rights as a consumer.
10. Data Protection
- Celene Collins Interiors & Design will not use any personal information provided by the Client for any purpose.
- We have taken every measure to prevent internet fraud and ensure data collection from you is stored as securely as possible. However, we cannot be liable in the event of a breach in our secure computer servers.
- The copyright, design right and all other intellectual property rights
in any materials and other documents or items prepared or produced for the Client by or on behalf of Celene Collins Interiors & Design in connection with the Services shall belong to Celene Collins Interiors & Design absolutely and any such materials, documents or items shall be or remain the sole property of Celene Collins Interiors & Design.
- Celene Collins Interiors & Design shall be permitted to use photographs of the Client’s property which demonstrates the Services provided by Celene Collins Interiors & Design for its own marketing purposes.
- The client shall be entitled to use any such materials, documents or other items as are referred to in paragraph 10.1 in connection with the Services but shall not be entitled to copy any such items or use them for any commercial purpose.
- In accessing the website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
- CCID, may assign or sub-contract the Contract if this is necessary for Operational reasons or in connection with a business transfer or reorganisation. Otherwise, the contract is not transferable by either party.
- These Terms and Conditions and the Contract will be subject to Irish Law, and the Irish courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the Contract.
Advise | Design | Procure | Manage | Construct | Decorate